Type: Internships [View all]
Posted by: First Street Gallery
Deadline: Sat, June 30th, 2018
FIRST STREET GALLERY is currently offering internship positions for students. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented and interested in gaining work experience in an art gallery setting.
This internship is unpaid, but students may arrange with their college to receive course credit. Additionally, letters of recommendation can be requested at the end of the internship.
Please e-mail a resume, cover letter and writing sample as one PDF titled FirstName_LastName_Internship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply at: http://www.firststreetgallery.org/membership/internship/
Portfolios in regard to graphic design, website design, audio and video are a plus but not necessary.
- Preferred Studio Arts, Art History, or Arts Administration Majors
- Passion for art
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Possess an in-depth understanding of social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Able to collaborate with the FSG team and also have the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail while maintaining perspective
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and MS Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel)
- Have a working knowledge of MAC platforms
-Knowledge of Non-Profits (Desired but not required)
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist in producing and maintaining content on website as needed (text, graphics, audio and video)
- Assist during events and receptions
Please review our gallery website prior to applying: http://www.firststreetgallery.org/
Assisting in communication of deadlines and needs between artists and the Gallery Administrator
Assisting the Gallery Administrator in bringing different shows to completion, including creating promotional material, coordinating artwork shipment and delivery, and aiding during installation
Learning the operations of a gallery that uses a non-profit model.
Posted on Tue, May 29th, 2018
Expires on Sat, June 30th, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.