Calls For Papers
Call For Session Proposals For 2019 AAMC Conference
Type: Calls For Papers [View all]
Posted by: AAMC & AAMC Foundation
Deadline: Mon, July 16th, 2018
The Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) is seeking proposals for its 2019 Annual Conference (May 4-7, 2019 in New York City) that focus on internal and external engagement within art organizations. This is an internationally relevant topic shaping the future of our arts organizations and encompasses dialogues about access, inclusion and empathy.
We request proposals considering the full spectrum of engagement, not limited to visitor audience development only but also taking into consideration the curatorial voice in shaping the culture of organizations. Panels should propose discussions acknowledging community, which involves our workplace colleagues and partners; supporters and sponsors; visitors; non-museum sectors of the arts; and more. We seek to present throughout the Conference conversations on the possibilities and responsibilities of the curatorial role within inclusive and accessible engagement practices.
• All proposals must be submitted through our online submission portal no later than 5pm ET on Monday, July 16, 2018. No exceptions will be granted.
• Proposals should support a discussion model of presentation utilizing case studies and open dialogue rather than presenting formal papers.
• Proposals should address topics pertinent to the range of fields, organizations, career stages, and overall breath of the curatorial profession and arts community.
• As with all AAMC & AAMC Foundation programming and overall efforts, proposals should strive to be representative of diversity across self-identifications (by nation, gender, creed, race), fields of expertise, types of institutional mission, and regional position, and of participants.
• AAMC does not offer travel support for session organizers, panelists, or moderators.
Posted on Tue, June 5th, 2018
Expires on Mon, July 16th, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.