CAA Travel Grant in Memory of Archibald Cason Edwards, Senior, and Sarah Stanley Gordon Edwards
About the Grant
Established by Mary D. Edwards with the help of others, the CAA Travel Grant in Memory of Archibald Cason Edwards, Senior, and Sarah Stanley Gordon Edwards will support the costs of roundtrip travel (plane, train, and ground transportation) and accommodation for the CAA Annual Conference and for conference registration fees to women who are emerging scholars at either an advanced stage of pursuing a doctoral degree (ABD) or who have received their PhD within the two years prior to the submission of the application. The applicants must be presenting research papers at an art-history session at the conference, with a strong preference for papers on any topic pertaining to the art of ancient Greece and Rome, medieval Europe from 400 to 1400, or Europe and North America from 1400 to 1950. Successful applicants will also receive complimentary conference registration. The deadline for this grant is Friday, September 22, 2017.
Conference session chairs will identify and nominate appropriate candidates and facilitate the submission of the applications to CAA.
The following application materials must be submitted:
By the session chair—
- Completed copy of this application form
- Title and description of the session, a list of speakers, and a few sentences on the applicant’s contribution to the session
By the applicant—
- One-page abstract of the applicant’s talk
- Shortened CV for applicant (approximately two pages)
- A letter of interest from the applicant
- A letter from the applicant’s dean, departmental chair, or dissertation advisor confirming her current standing and progress in the art history PhD program or, if a recent PhD, confirming the successful completion of the doctorate program and date of the degree
For inquiries and upcoming deadlines, please contact Aakash Suchak, Grants and Special Programs Manager.