CAA Travel Grant in Memory of Archibald Cason Edwards, Senior, and Sarah Stanley Gordon Edwards
About the Grant
Established by Mary D. Edwards with the help of others, the CAA Travel Grant in Memory of Archibald Cason Edwards, Senior, and Sarah Stanley Gordon Edwards will support the costs of roundtrip travel (plane, train, and ground transportation) and accommodation for the CAA Annual Conference and for conference registration fees to women who are emerging scholars at either an advanced stage of pursuing a doctoral degree (ABD) or who have received their PhD within two years prior to the submission of the application. The applicants must be presenting research papers at an art history session at the conference, with a strong preference for papers on any topic pertaining to the art of ancient Greece and Rome, medieval Europe from 400 to 1400, or Europe and North America from 1400 to 1950. Successful applicants will also receive complimentary conference registration. Submissions for this travel grant begin in early July, once approved sessions have been announced. The deadline for this grant is Friday, September 21, 2018.
The following application materials must be submitted:
By the session chair:
- A description of the session
- A list of speakers
- A few sentences on the applicant's contribution to the session
Once nominated, the applicant will be invited to submit:
- An abstract of their conference paper
- Abbreviated CV (approximately two pages)
- A letter of interest
- A letter from the applicant's dean, departmental chair, or dissertation advisor confirming the applicant's current standing and progress in the art history PhD program or, if a recent PhD, confirming the successful completion of the doctorate program and date of the degree.
For inquiries and upcoming deadlines, please contact Cali Buckley, Grants and Special Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.