SAMUEL H. KRESS FOUNDATION CAA CONFERENCE TRAVEL FELLOWSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARS
About the Grant
Recognizing the value of first-hand exchanges of ideas and experience among art historians, the Kress Foundation is offering support for international scholars participating as speakers at the 2018 CAA Annual Conference. The scholarly focus of the papers must be European art before 1830. The Fellowships will cover a portion of international airfare and/or some portion of other travel expenses. Successful applicants will also receive complimentary conference registration. The deadline for this grant is Friday, September 22, 2017.
Conference session chairs will identify and nominate appropriate candidates and facilitate the submission of the applications to CAA.
The following application materials must be submitted:
By the session chair—
- Completed copy of application form
- Title and description of the session, a list of speakers, and a few sentences on the applicant’s contribution to the session
By the applicant—
- One-page abstract of the applicant’s talk
- Shortened CV for applicant (approximately two pages)
- A letter of interest from the applicant
- Budget of travel expenses
Return your completed application and supporting materials to Michelle Stanek, Manager of the Annual Conference, by Friday, September 22, 2017. CAA will notify all applicants about their status by late December.