The Essence of Form
Type: Exhibition Opportunities [View all]
Posted by: St. Louis Artsts' Guild
Deadline: Fri, October 12th, 2018
St. Louis Artists’ Guild
https://www.stlouisartistsguild.org/the-essence-of-form/ The Essence if Form
For this exhibition the St. Louis Artists’ Guild seeks artwork that detects the structure of the physical world both seen and unseen, imagined and observed. We are fascinated in how nature repeats itself with a diversity of forms from the micro to the macro. How do you capture this phenomena? This is an all-media exhibition looking for works of both abstraction and realism. We are particularly interested in how artists’ capture form from a well-timed photograph, to the manipulation of paint, drawing media, fabric and clay, or a mixture of all of them.
Submission Deadline: October 12, 2018, 11:59pm
Exhibition Dates: November 16 to December 28, 2018
Awards: Cash prizes totaling $1000 will be awarded by the juror. 1st Place: $500; 2nd Place: $250; 3rd Place: $150; Honorable Mention: $50; Honorable Mention: $50.
Commissions: Sales are encouraged. The St. Louis Artists’ Guild receives a 35% commission on all works sold through this exhibition.
Juror: Fran Skiles
Fran Skiles was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. She graduated from West Virginia University with a BA degree in textile design. She is a full time studio artist, working in Florida and West Virginia. In addition to her art practice she teaches and lectures throughout the United States giving workshops in paper and fabric collage.
About the St. Louis Artists’ Guild:
· A St. Louis treasure since 1886, the St. Louis Artists’ Guild is a significant contributor to the cultural environment of the greater St. Louis region. In June 2015, the Artists’ Guild moved to its new home at 12 N. Jackson Avenue, at the corner of Forsyth Blvd., in Clayton. With over 5,000 sq. ft. of gallery space, it’s the perfect place to expand exhibits, programs, and classes.
· St. Louis Artists’ Guild members include established and emerging artists, professional and commercial artists, architects, photographers, artisans, art educators, art lovers and collectors.
· The Artists’ Guild holds regional and national competitions with cash awards and participates in collaborative and exchange exhibits with other art organizations and nonprofits. And, because of the limited opportunity for young artists to compete and exhibit work in a professional gallery, the Artists’ Guild holds the annual Young Artists’ Showcase for high school students with cash awards and scholarships.
· To help raise awareness of artistic expression, the Artists’ Guild galleries are free and open to the public, as well as artists’ receptions, gallery talks and most lectures. Family-friendly, all can discover art created by regional and national artists.
· The St. Louis Artists’ Guild is a nonprofit organization (501c3) that promotes visual art throughout the St. Louis region through exhibitions and education.
Posted on Wed, October 3rd, 2018
Expires on Fri, October 12th, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.