Open Call for Exhibtions
Type: Exhibition Opportunities [View all]
Posted by: La Tech U School of Design
Deadline: Mon, April 1st, 2019
The School of Design at Louisiana Tech University has two gallery spaces available to artists working in all media, including painting, printmaking, photography, digital media, sculpture, ceramics, fiber, video, and installation works. Exhibiting artists are often invited to participate in our visiting lecturer program.
The mission of the galleries at The School of Design is to contribute to student and community learning through exposure to the work and philosophy of nationally recognized contemporary artists working in the visual arts. Both galleries accept unsolicited submissions on a rolling basis, which are reviewed quarterly by the Gallery Committee. Artists will be contacted within 6 months of submission via email and/or mail in regards to acceptance. To submit a proposal for exhibit at LA Tech, please visit http://artlatech.slideroom.com- please note that we now only take submissions online, no mailed or emailed packets. All requested documents and images must be submitted for consideration. We accept proposals from individual artists, collaborative teams, and individuals who would like to propose a curated exhibition
Applicants must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in a degree seeking program at the time of entry.
For full details and requirements, please visit http://www.design.latech.edu/galleries or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Also like our Facebook page at @SODgalleries.
• Contact info: mailing address, phone number(s), email, and website address(es).
• 20 images that represent one or two bodies of work/projects. Submit only work that you think will best fit with our gallery and the space (please see www.design.latech.edu/galleries for gallery layouts, or contact gallery director at email@example.com). There are no submission fees, but there is a flat user fee of $15 for the online application, which must be paid before submission is complete.
• Each image should include title, media, date completed, and dimensions. If an image is a detail of a larger work, please indicate this in the “description” area.
• CV (no more than 2 pages).
• Artist or Project Statement (no more than 1 page).
• Suggested image settings for best possible quality and ease of viewing:
- .jpg file format
- sRGB color profile
- 1024 x 768 pixels for image files
- 640 pixels on longest edge for video files
- 72 ppi resolution
- image submissions should not be larger than 5 mb per file
- video submissions should be .mov or .wmv file format not exceeding 5 minutes and no larger than 250 mb per file.
Posted on Tue, February 5th, 2019
Expires on Mon, April 1st, 2019
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.