Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges
Artist in Residence (Printmaker)
Type: Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges [View all]
Posted by: Knox College
Deadline: Sun, September 15th, 2019
The Knox College Department of Art and Art History is seeking applications from printmakers to be Artist in Residence during Winter 2020 (Jan 5-Mar 15, 2020). This teaching residency, supported by a grant from locally-based Blick Art Materials, has a three-fold purpose: to enrich the educational experience of students through exposure to perspectives and ways of working not represented by regular faculty or curricula. To involve/benefit the Galesburg community though collaborative projects, exhibits, or educational opportunities. And, for resident artists to develop and exhibit a body of work while in residence. Applicants should hold an MFA in printmaking or painting and be prepared to teach a course related to their creative practice. Artists with interest in engaging economically, culturally, and racially diverse communities through their work are encouraged to apply.
Knox College is located in Galesburg Il, a city of 32,000, located 200 miles SW of Chicago, approximately 3 hours by car or 2.5 hours by train. http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us/about/demographic/
Resident artists will be required to:
• design and teach a course in an area of their expertise, meeting 2.5 hours two days per week, and should be available to students an additional 3-5 hours weekly.
• spend a minimum of 5 days per week on site.
• Resident artist will produce a body of work or project to be exhibited during the final week of their residency.
• Resident artists will engage the Galesburg community in a collaborative or community-based project or events.
• Resident artists will donate a work to Knox College.
Benefits to the artist:
• Paid residency (salary upon request).
• Accommodation and studio space provided.
• A stimulating and diverse creative community.
• Teaching experience in a vibrant art program within a liberal arts college.
• Availability of materials through local Blick warehouse/discount store.
• Studio and gallery space in The Box, an alternative space in downtown Galesburg.
• Solo exhibit and/or collaborative project.
For full consideration, candidates should submit, via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/63704
Applications should include:
• Website link or 15 jpegs minimum.
• Letter of interest describing relevant experience and motivation for applying.
• Draft proposal for a community engagement project or event.
• Draft proposal for a class (possibly collaborating in community-based project)
• Contact info for two references.
Applicants should hold an MFA in printmaking or painting and be prepared to teach a course related to their creative practice. Artists with interest in engaging economically, culturally, and racially diverse communities through their work are encouraged to apply.
Knox College particularly welcomes applicants from under-represented groups. Full consideration will be given to applications received by September 15, 2019. Later applications may be held for future consideration and reviewed on a rolling basis. Learn more about Knox College, Employment at Knox, and the Knox Art Department.
Posted on Thu, June 6th, 2019
Expires on Sun, September 15th, 2019
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.