Calls For Papers
Modern Art Anthology
Type: Calls For Papers [View all]
Posted by: CSUCI
Deadline: Sun, November 15th, 2020
The editors of a new book on modern art are seeking essays/articles that address artistic developments across the globe between 1850 and 1960. This anthology is organized chronologically and will include essays that reflect the current art historical concerns and theoretical perspectives. A special attention will be given to topics that discuss:
1. Artists and movements that were fundamental within their contemporary contexts or now from a historical perspective, but have been ignored by and/ or marginalized from the modern art cannon.
2. Visual and conceptual dialogues between cultures, styles, artists and ideas around the world during this period.
1. A very brief statement explaining your interest and expertize in the topic;
2. A short, 250-400 word abstract of your proposed essay/article;
3. Your current Bio/CV (2 pages max).
Posted on Tue, September 10th, 2019
Expires on Sun, November 15th, 2020
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.