Careers at CAACAA is the organization supporting all professionals in the visual arts. Open positions and internship opportunities are listed here as they become available.
Full- and Part-Time PositionsThere are currently no full- or part-time positions available at CAA. Please check back for updates and possible position openings.
CAA Internship Program
CAA offers an internship program in its New York office for undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates. Specifically, the program is designed for those who wish to gain experience and develop skills in the following areas:
- Events and Conference Programming
- Publications and Digital Publications
- Marketing & Communications
- Membership Development
Each intern will be assigned a discrete, clearly defined project (or projects) to be completed during the internship period.
The number of hours will depend on the preference of the CAA department, but will generally expected to work 20-30 hours per week in CAA’s New York office sometime between the hours of 9:00AM to 6:00PM, Monday to Friday. All internships require a commitment of eight consecutive weeks. Interns are expected to be commit three days per week.
- Candidates must have successfully completed their junior year at an undergraduate college in any field of study.
- Candidates must have secure housing in the New York area which will allow them to complete the entire internship period.
- Candidates should have had some office experience and should be generally familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 preferable.
- Fall – 8 weeks (September 15 through December 15)
- Spring – 8 weeks (January 15 through May 15)
- Summer – 8 weeks (June 1 through August 15)
There will be two interns per session.
Each intern will receive a stipend of $500 per month paid bimonthly along with CAA’s regular payroll. Interns will be viewed as independent contractors and no deductions will be made, however a 1099 will be issued and interns are expected to pay all taxes as required under law.
CAA will make every effort to assist successful candidates to obtain college credit, if applicable. Please coordinate with your institution’s administrator for semester credit. CAA can provide letters of confirmation and/or complete necessary forms.
Please submit a cover letter indicating your departmental interests (please rank two preferred departments), and CV to Daniel Tsai, CAA Programs and Publications Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also list two professional references and the means to contact them via telephone or email. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.