Careers at CAA
CAA is the organization supporting all professionals in the visual arts. Open positions and internship opportunities are listed here as they become available.
Full- and Part-Time Positions
Position Title: Publications and Programs Editor
Position Level: Full-Time, Salaried
- The Publications and Programs Editor reports to the Managing Editor and works to ensure that all published materials, both in print and digital, adhere to CAA’s publishing standards.
- The Editor works closely and collaboratively with colleagues in all departments within CAA as well as with representatives from the editorial boards and Publications Committee, to establish priorities and to ensure the highest standards of publishing. The Editor acts as the liaison for CAA publications to the association’s communications and marketing department; skills in social media and copy writing are essential.
- As part of CAA’s strategic repositioning, the Editor will be an integral part of the team implementing CAA’s Digital Publications plan that prioritizes digital-first publications and content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Copyedits, proofreads, and performs administrative tasks related to CAA’s publications, website content, promotional materials, internal documents, both print and digital
- Acts a primary liaison to commissioning editors and reviewers for the digital journal, caa.reviews
- Copyedits and posts content on Art Journal Open’s WordPress site
- Copyedits elements of for The Art Bulletin and Art Journal when necessary
- Reviews text, image, video, and other files submitted for publication; checks permissions submitted by authors; and obtains replacement files when necessary
- Copyedits and proofreads other CAA materials
- Ensures that reviews are in compliance with CAA publication policies, including conflict of interest guidelines
- Maintains and updates CAA’s style guide
- Administers and attends editorial board meetings and takes minutes
- Attends and works at the CAA Annual Conference, which may involve travel each year
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, art history degree a plus
- Strong proficiency in Chicago Manual of Style (copyediting tests will be given)
- Excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, communication, and time- and project-management skills
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a professional copyeditor, preferably in a staff position
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations
- Microsoft 365 applications, including Word using Track Changes, Excel, and Teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency or familiarity with WordPress
- Proficiency or familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
Commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Commuter and flexible spending accounts
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include position title in subject line of email. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or political affiliation.