Careers at CAA
CAA is the organization supporting all professionals in the visual arts. Open positions and internship opportunities are listed here as they become available.
Full- and Part-Time Positions
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development will lead the implementation and execution of CAA’s strategic fundraising initiatives across the range of constituencies engaged with the Association: individuals, corporate, foundation, and government. Working closely with the Executive Director and CEO, and the Head of Constituency Engagement, they will play a role in cultivating, analyzing, and expanding prospects. The ideal candidate will be an experienced proposal writer, with a robust knowledge of corporate giving trends, and a strong interest in digital fundraising.
As CAA undergoes a strategic repositioning, emphasizing a digital transformation that will allow it to engage with a global constituency, the Director of Development will play an essential role in growing CAA’s portfolio and ensuring fiscal sustainability during this multi-year process and beyond. By emphasizing social entrepreneurship and engaging its membership and constituents, the Director of Development will work to cultivate new donors, steward existing individual and institutional members, and expand outreach into the global corporate and foundation community to build support relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate new sources of revenue by creatively and strategically expanding the existing donor base, with an increased focus on corporate, foundation, and government entities in the US and globally.
- Research, identify and cultivate prospects with information and materials highlighting the products, services, and value proposition as a philanthropic and sponsorship partner.
- Generate grant and funding proposals through established relationships and newly identified sources.
- Author, collaborate, edit, and manage all grant, fundraising proposals and relationships through their entire lifecycle from inception to completion.
- Expand and develop fundraising opportunities through new and ongoing strategic partnerships.
- Work closely with CAA staff, board members, and other committees to maximize impact with special online and in-person events. Oversee the planning, production, and hosting of fundraising events with Institutional Events and other CAA staff as required.
- Lead and support all staff with information retrieval for related fundraising and sponsorship activities.
- Formulate annual development budgets, track financial performance, prepare the necessary interim financial reports and fundraising projections, and monitor expenditures.
- Prepare briefing materials and help conduct research for the Executive Director and Development Committee and board members as this relates to donor outreach and prospecting
- Assist the Executive Director and CEO with all projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree or Certificate in Arts and/or Business Administration, or Certified Fund- Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional experience, with 3-5 years in fundraising and development in a non-profit environment, professional or learned society.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Accounting, CRM and AMS software strongly preferred.
$100,000 – $140,000, commensurate with experience
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or political affiliation.