The 111th CAA Annual Conference will take place at the New York Hilton Midtown, February 15–18, 2023 with in-person and virtual sessions, our Book and Trade Fair, and other special events. In response to the feedback from conference attendees and participants, CAA is enacting several changes to improve the Annual Conference experience. We look forward to seeing you again in 2023. Questions and feedback regarding the 2023 Annual Conference may be directed to email@example.com.
Updated September 29, 2022.
The majority of sessions and events, including Convocation, Annual Artist Interviews, Distinguished Scholar Session, and Committee Meetings will be held live and in person. A portion of sessions will be held live virtually (Zoom). Post-conference, conference recordings will be accessible to registrants until April 17, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
Beginning October 1, 2022, conference registrants will be able to view session and presentation abstracts in the online schedule.
- The session schedule is set in US Eastern Time for in-person and virtual sessions.
- Most sessions and events will be held live and in person. A portion will be held virtually (Zoom). If attending virtual sessions from outside U.S. Eastern Time, you may toggle the schedule to view in your time zone.
- Once the online schedule launches on October 1, registrants will be able to sign in, read abstracts, create custom schedules, and more!
- Key Events: Convocation, Distinguished Scholar Session, Annual Artist Interviews will be recorded in full.
- Sessions Content: If the session chairs and presenters grant permission for CAA to record their presentation, the content will be available to registrants after processing. Each session participant may choose whether they wish to have their contribution recorded. Session Q&A periods will not be recorded, and Zoom chats are not retained.
- Meetings by CAA Professional Committees and Affiliated Societies are not recorded by CAA.
Icons in the schedule will show which sessions will be recorded; please note this list is subject to change.
Registration and Planning
Registration for the Annual Conference opens October 1, check back for more details soon!
Health and Safety
CAA and our Annual Conference partners are committed to following the most current safety protocols as they apply to in-person convening up to and during the time of the conference. We are tracking the Center for Disease Control (CDC), City of New York Department of Health (NYC Health) and New York Hilton Midtown rules and guidelines for safe convening. We will continue to keep participants up to date with decisions that affect the conference. For more information, see this page.
- All session participants must be CAA Individual Members through the conference dates.
- Submissions may be submitted before joining CAA by creating an account here. Take all steps before payment. Upon acceptance bring the account current.
- All session participants must register for the conference
- Three ways to participate at CAA: all session participants may take part in the conference in up to three ways each year. They may serve as a: 1) Session Chair; 2) Paper/Project Presenter; and 3) Session Discussant. Each member may not, however, serve in any single role more than once per conference.
- Your session, presentation or paper content, may not have been published previously or presented at another scholarly conference.
- You may submit to multiple sessions but may deliver only one presentation during the conference. If you have multiple accepted presentations, you must withdraw all but one by notifying the Chair(s).
- If your Individual Paper/Presentation proposal was accepted during CAA's spring submission call, you may still apply to a session listed in the summer Call for Participation. However, if accepted to multiple sessions, you must withdraw all but one accepted presentation per conference.
Session chairs and presenters must sign the conference participation agreement, which can be found in the Speaker’s Corner. This is separate from granting permission for CAA to record your presentation. The agreement is available in your Speaker’s Corner. Check for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session discussants are not required to sign the participation agreement as they do not give a presentation per se and their remarks are part of the Q&A and not recorded. Discussants who wish to share a presentation or be recorded should have their session chair contact CAA as soon as possible.
No, it is not required. Session participants may elect in their Speakers Corner not to have their presentation recorded and still participate. In that scenario only those who attend live (in-person or virtual sessions) will hear the contribution.
CAA encourages everyone to allow recording of their session. Allowing your presentation to be recorded increases opportunities for conference registrants around the world to engage with your content and connect with you. The recording (of your presentation and audio) will also be archived by CAA per the participation agreement.
Participation agreements and recording permissions are collected from session chairs and presenters through their Speaker’s Corner. If you are a participant, access your Speaker’s Corner via the link in an email from email@example.com.
Discussants are not required to sign the participation agreement since they do not give a presentation per se and their remarks are part of the Q&A and not recorded. Discussants who wish to share a presentation and/or be recorded should contact CAA as soon as possible.
Recordings will be captioned and posted for access by registrants in the Conference Schedule as part of the Annual Conference until April 17, 2023. Recordings will then be archived in CAA’s records with possible use in the promotion of the Association and the Annual Conference.
Yes! The participation agreement only disallows sales or promotion of a commercial product or service as part of your presentation.