Annual Conference Mobile App | Conference Schedule User's Guide | Tips for First-Time Attendees | Information for Session Participants | Volunteer at the Conference | Conference Services | Maps | CAA Contacts | Museums and Cultural Institutions
Complimentary wireless service is available in all public areas, sessions rooms, and exhibits halls at the Hilton Chicago. This service is suitable for email and web browsing but may not be for streaming media or other high-capacity use.
CAA is committed to providing access to all individuals attending the conference. To make a request for special accommodations ( e.g., sign-language interpretation, large-type print materials, transportation ) please contact Paul Skiff, assistant director for Annual Conference, at email@example.com or 212-392-4413 by December 13, 2019 in order that your accommodations may be arranged and scheduled in time for the conference.
Food and Beverage
The Hilton Chicago has several in-house dining options. 720 South Bar, 720 South Grill, Kitty O’Shea’s, and Herb N' Kitchen.
See their hours at this link.
Fifth FL 5A
Fourth FL 4I
These rooms are available for all conference attendees as a quiet place to wait or read during conference hours. Please refrain from cell phone use and conversations when in these spaces.
A room has been set aside for conference participants with lactation needs. Please contact Mira Friedlaender, manager of the Annual Conference, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the Speaker Ready Room, to receive room information and to arrange access.
The Hilton’s full-service business center, located on the 2nd floor, provides copy services, faxing, shipping, and computer access for email. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00AM-9:00PM; Saturday and Sunday, 7:00AM-7:00PM.
Child CareThanks for your interest! As of January 2, 2020, childcare grants are at capacity and the application portal is closed.
CAA recognizes the need among members for childcare support during the Annual Conference. In our effort to better meet these needs, CAA now offers grants of up to $250 per family. Grants are available for CAA members who are registered for the conference and will bring their child to the conference, or who will incur extra care-giving expenses while away from their dependents.
Grant funding is limited, and grants will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you signed up for the now-cancelled onsite care with KiddieCorp, you will be given priority.
The grants will be given as a reimbursement for expenses up to $250 upon submission of receipts or invoices.
Examples of allowable expenses -
- Childcare expenses incurred on-site at the conference.
- Daycare above and beyond what is normally scheduled because member is attending the conference (for example, overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter, etc.)
- Travel expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver/family member to supervise your child at the conference or at your home.
- Travel expenses incurred in bringing a child to a caregiver/family member.
Note: Care must occur during the conference dates. Attendees are responsible for making their own arrangements. CAA does not sanction or recommend childcare providers and does not assume responsibility or liability for childcare services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all childcare providers.
Expenses not eligible for reimbursement
- Normally scheduled childcare expenses in your home city.
- Toys, and tickets to museums, amusement parks, etc.
- Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting, conference registration, meals, or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting.
- Reimbursement forms will be distributed to grantees upon notification, the completed pdf must accompany a scan of receipts.
- Recipients of a grant must submit receipts for reimbursable expenses by email to Mira Friedlaender, email@example.com with the subject line “Child Care Reimbursement”, by March 5, 2020
- Reimbursements will be distributed within 3-4 weeks of CAA’s receipt of complete documentation.
Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply for the grant is January 5, 2020.
Questions about childcare grants for the Annual Conference? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Chicago-based childcare services are available for attendees seeking childcare during conference. CAA has no contract with these service providers, and this list should not be considered an endorsement of any companies listed.
207 East Ohio Street, 121, Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: 312 644-7300
Web site: http://www.americanchildcare.com/hotel_babysitting.htm
1000 West Diversey Parkway, 234, Chicago, IL 60614
Phone: 773 697-9326
Web site: http://www.collegenanniesandtutors.com/nechicagoil
Phone: 312 890-8194
Web site: http://www.sittersstudio.com/hotel-care/